Some of you asked to hear more from Risto Sports' Head Coach, Ivan Rojas-- or as we call him at the gym, "General Meng-Yi".
Well, thanks to Nick Horton, of theironsamurai.com, here is a link to an hour long, in depth interview with Ivan: http://www.theweightliftingacademy.com/
Some interview highlights (ie what they were able to jam pack into an hour session):
- Fast twitch, slow twitch and mutant muscle fibers
- When lifting, your body is a lever. Don’t blow your spine by keeping the bar too far away from you.
- Weightlifting is a very safe sport at the Olympic level. It has 100 times less injuries than Soccer/football
- The second half of the interview talks about how Ivan trains begginners
- Parasympathetic system
- Inverted system
- How Ivan ot to be such a knowledgeable and credible coach